Hand pie- (n.) A type of pie meant specifically for lazy people who like to eat with their hands; Fancy looking treats that are exceptionally easy to make. (See also: Delicious, Convenient, Economical)
We had too many blueberries that were going bad and a random pie crust, but I didn’t want to make pie… ever since I watched American Pie I just cannot look at it the same way….
But now we have hand pies. They’re like miniature pies. Or like giant ant pies.
This is what you need:
- Pre- made pie crust (2 within one package) because this recipe is for lazy people
- Lemon (zest+ juice)
- ~4 tbs butter (melted)
And how you make them:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Roll out your crusts on a clean surface and grab a cereal bowl and a knife.
- Place the bowl on the rolled out dough and cut around it to make a small round of flattened dough. Repeat so you have a bunch of cute little pancakes.
- Wash your blueberries and put them in a bowl and mix them with lemon juice and a bit of lemon zest.
- Melt your butter in the microwave and brush it on one side of the pancake. Sprinkle some sugar on this same side.
- Flip your pancakes and place a few blueberries in the center then fold up into a little pouch, tightly pinching the sides together. Stuff more blueberries in if you can.
- Pop them in the oven for about 10 minutes or until crust is golden and cooked through.